lunes, 11 de diciembre de 2017

Petra kvitova in press conference. Wta insider

WTA Insider: You've been awarded the Sportsmanship award by the other players in six of the last seven years. That must feel pretty good. 
Kvitova: When I found out this news I was very happy because I really didn't expect it. I know I got it a few years before, but this year it's more special than other years. I don't know why,maybe it's because I missed the first half of the season. It's really nice of the players and I really appreciate it. It's important to me to behave well, to be the one who they voted for. For me it's natural, so it's not that tough (laughs). So it's good. 


WTA Insider: What does sportsmanship mean to you?
KvitovaFor me, it's about on and off the court behavior, the respect for each other on the court and off the court. I'm always one who wants to fight on the court, but off the court we're just normal people. I just love saying hi to everyone and smiling, not cross anyone. For me, it's just nice to have those people. I'm just happy to see them. 


It's about respect and appreciating each other. We need each other. We are fighters, we are opponents, but we are colleagues as well. 


WTA Insider: In an interview we did earlier this year, you said that being away and coming back made you feel thankful for the tennis family. Does this award do that as well? 
KvitovaThis kind of award doesn't remind me as much as this year when I came back. It was the biggest love from the players that I've ever [experienced]. They were hugging and smiling, asking how I am, and welcoming me back. It was so nice. I really felt like we are a big tennis family, which is just amazing. When I think about that, it's always so nice and it always makes me smile. 


No hay comentarios: