martes, 22 de agosto de 2017

Kristina Mladenovic in press conference. Us open 2017

USOpen.org: You've been one of the best-performing players on tour this year. What has helped you go to the next level in singles in 2017?

Kristina Mladenovic: Nothing much has changed around me, but I'd say the biggest difference for me was my physical conditioning. So my all-around game improved also, my level increased, and just the work is paying off. I guess also maturity. I'm 24 now, and it's coming closer probably to my experienced maturity – let’s say the peak. And I'm just happy that things are going the way I was aiming and just trying now to keep working and keep on improving.

USOpen.org: One of your biggest results was an exciting run to the Roland Garros quarterfinals. How do you reflect on those two weeks in Paris?

Mladenovic: It was obviously a great achievement for me. I always feel like I've been playing well at the French, reaching the third round the last four years, I think ... reaching for the first time the second week [this year], when I was the most expected [to], extra pressure compared to usually, so I'm pretty satisfied I overcame that challenge. And also having those super-big matches with lots of suspense and drama – to pull through it, I have kind of a proud feeling. It was overall a great tournament for me and hopefully can just help me for the next years. Of course, it's a great feeling to reach quarters – it's my second in a Slam after the US Open. Hopefully I can build on it.

No hay comentarios: