viernes, 16 de junio de 2017

Lesia tsurenko into semis of the Ricoh Open 2017. Mladenovic out

‘S-HERTOGENBOSCH, Netherlands 
Lesia Tsurenko won eight of the last nine games to cruise into the semifinals of the Ricoh Open on Friday, ousting No.2 seed Kristina Mladenovic, 6-3, 6-1. 

The Ukrainian improved her career head-to-head against the Frenchwoman to 5-1 overall, which included a victory in the final of the Abierto Mexicano TELCEL presentado por HSBC in March for her third career WTA title.

A steady performance from the No.7 seed saw her serve at 70 percent for the match, striking a tidy 10 winners to just nine unforced errors. Tsurenko never dropped serve in the 62-minute victory, and was helped in part by 24 unforced errors off Mladenovic's racquet.

"It was a very good match for me," Tsurenko said on-court. "I was really lucky to [hold] all my serves, as this is very important on grass. I know her well and that's why I...just played my game and tried to be as aggressive as I could [be] and I think it paid off." 

No hay comentarios: